Sunday, October 9, 2011

The first 4 months

+
=
YOU!

Dear babies,

Your daddy and I had talked and talked about having another baby for a while but the timing needed to be just right. After my race in June we were excited to try and get pregnant but didn't quite expect it to happen so quickly. I took a pregnancy test super early expecting it not to work, but 2 minutes later 2 bright, strong pink lines appeared. Really, I thought? I shouldn't be able to take this for another 2 weeks. But okay! I was sure of all of my calculations and a few tests later, I was sure. This really should have been my first sign that there were 2 of you. Heightened HCG hormones with multiples allow positive results to show up really early.
A few weeks later I called the Dr. to schedule an appointment. My first one was on August 1st and I was really excited. I had already been throwing up and nauseous since 5 weeks along (my second sign that there were 2 of you) so I was anxious to get the Zofran pills that I took with your brothers. Daddy stayed at home because I thought it would be just a normal routine first appointment. One he had been to twice before. And lets face it, there would be plenty more.
After getting called back and asked all of the usual questions, I lay down on the table for your first ultrasound. "Theres one baby" she said, "and theres the other one, but hold on and let me make sure there isn't 3". WHAAAT? I thought. Really 2? I can handle 2, but I would break down if there were 3. "It looks like there is just 2, but it's early so we will check again at your next appointment". So many emotions ran through me. I wished that your daddy would have been with me, what would he think about it, etc. After blood work and finishing up the appointment, I was sent along my way with some very fun pictures of you and the opinion of the dr. thinking you were identical. Daddy was thrilled (and of course couldn't believe) that we were having twins! I was so excited! Was this really happening?

The weeks passed, but not without suffering. The constant nausea and throwing up was horrible. I can't even remember the whole month of August and half of September. Every hour of every day was spent vomiting and not being able to eat or drink. But for me I was fine with this because it meant that you were growing and healthy.

We are now almost 19 weeks along. The doctors say that you will probably make your entrance around 35 weeks, but anything over that would be great. The throwing up is very minimal now. I am nauseas throughout the day, but now the meds are actually helping with it. At your last appointment Baby boy A was measuring at 7 ounces and Baby boy B was 6 ounces. Great measurements! All of your bones and anatomy looking perfect so far.
Today your daddy felt you kick for the first time. I first felt you at 9 weeks then on and off until around 15 weeks where I started feeling you daily. I can't wait to feel you everyday.
We love you very much and can't wait to meet you!

Love, Your Family