Thursday, January 5, 2012

31 week thoughts...

Wow, 31 weeks.
The further along I get the sooner I think these babies will come.
34 weeks is a big milestone. I think for me 36 weeks is a good goal.
The contractions come more frequently and are more painful, but thanks to yoga I am able to breath through them.
I had a very nice talk with Ashtons teacher yesterday. She has a set of boy/girl twins and it was great to have a positive conversation with someone who has been through it. She also had some great advice.
I am constantly amazed at my body and how it is growing. Still no stretch marks, but I expect them to come-hopefully not though.
Apparently the babies are huge (100th percentile and 86th percentile) and they are swimming around in a bunch of fluid-my dr. assures me that I will be a size 0 again as soon as I deliver. I know that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I can't even begin to imagine how light I will feel after these guys are on the outside.
Everyday things are getting harder (walking quickly, bending over, picking up things on the floor) but that's to be expected. I don't envy anyone carrying more than 2 babies-not fun!
Even though both babies are head down, I think we will opt for a C-section. It's safer (and I can get my tubes tied!!!) and seems less risky. I would hate to have a problem halfway through a vaginal birth and have to get a C-section too-double whammy!
Well, Here is to the next few weeks to get us over the 34 week hump!
These babies will be here before we know it and we can't wait.